Friday, November 28, 2008

Holler(back)

'What's new Makella?' is most likely the question running through all your heads. I know it.


I should be going to bed soon, seeing as how I an working at eight tomorrow and did today ('black friday' as us in the retail biz call it)... but I figure, hey, why not update a little?

Anyways, the quarter ended out alright. I completely praise God because I am satisfied with my grades; everything turned out alright, as it usually does when He is involved. The cold is clearing up as well and I'm feeling back to myself.

I was reflecting to a friend the other day that when I am at school I really do not feel like myself... well, I do not feel like the normal version of Makella. It is like the stresses of school stuff work their way into my personality. The visual I have in my head is kind of like the normal guy who changes into the hulk.
Maybe not quite as dramatic.
Needless to say, I do not like the way that I am during the school year. I know that I should not worry because if God cares for and provides for the birds and the worms and the parasites and all of.. everything... then of course, He will provide for and care for me... words I need to heed.
It's good though. I am home, I am more of myself. I pray that this stays with me through the over 20 hours I am scheduled to be taking next quarter.
It has something to do with the shaking up of the water with dirt in it that our pastor Paul talked about a few weeks back, but I need to do more reflecting on that.

The Rob Bell quote a few entries down has been something I have been thinking about a bit. Some of it has to do with my insecurities (which I might have mentioned), but I had a really awesome talk with a good friend of mine the other day about some of what I have been thinking about in regards to all that. He said something pretty simple and straight forward, but it stayed in my head for a while.
He said that no mater what I do, I can't separate the fact that I was made by a perfect God.
I can't change the fact that I was perfectly knit together by a God who loves me.
I can't separate myself from the fact that I am loved.
It's pretty amazing, isn't it? It's a sobering thought (in a good way), to know that I am wholly and completely loved for exactly who I am. I do not have my copy of Velvet Elvis at the moment, but there is a quote from it that I will put in here when I get it back.

Even though I do find myself worrying about unnecessary things, or being irrational about other things, God still has this amazing transient way of being in that. Being inside the middle of all that to show His face and ease things a little, help bear the burden. I know that I would not be able to get through normal mortal life if it wasn't for that.

Prayer requests:
1. That I can look everything; the world, people, situations, through His eyes.
2. Safe travels for family and friends during the holidays.
3. That I can feel God's presence in the everyday.
4. Clarity and guidance on hazy situations.
5. People who are far from knowing Him with no interest in knowing Him at all. There are some of whom I love every much, and it's heart breaking.
6. The people who I work with.

Thank you God for your guidence, grace, and patience.
You are what wakes me and rejuvenates me.
I place my life in your hands.
Amen

1 comment:

paul said...

"You are what wakes me and rejuvenates me.
I place my life in your hands."

yep. amen.