Tuesday, July 21, 2009

7/20 It's been a while.

I’ve been using my friends computer while I stay at his place until I find wireless somewhere or go into the studio, which I didnt need to do today. All I did yesterday was back stuff up and he’s been working on taking out a chunk of the wall so my services weren’t needed today. I did what I normally do on my days off: explore.

I needed to buy some shoes for the wedding I’m singing at so I went to the giant Macy’s a few blocks down, then I found a farmer’s market with live music, and another cool fountain (instead of Minnesota being the “Land of 10,000 Lakes,” it should be the “Land of Really Cool Fountains”)… then came back and thought someone was breaking into the window (which would be highly unlikely seeing as I am on the 16th floor), but realized it was just hail. I ate a ton of carbs for dinner, and while I’m not proud of this, went to the tanning bed that this apartment complex has… I know, I’m sorry.

Walter the cat has been keeping me company; he seems to really like my red boots, but who can blame him.

Things I am learning:

I have way more posessions then someone my age needs.

When it comes to difficult situations, I am realizing that I may not handle them with the amount of grace that I should be. I’m not saying that there is a standard or anything, but ultimate love, the love that I have been shown and want to show to others is difficult sometimes… no matter who it is, they are loved by the One who made them, but sometimes I don’t treat them like they are. I am deeply sorry for that. I pray that I can always see others, see everyday through His eyes. I am re-reading Praise Habit by David Crowder. It is such an amazing description of how praise should be habitual, how in my everyday situations, and in my difficult situations, I see His beauty and priase Him with my life. I want that so desperatly.

Welp, I’m going to enjoy the sunset over the city from the window and probably eat more carbs. Blessings on this beautiful evening.

…Sometimes our awareness of who we are, in light of who He is, is so present and vivid that we become expolsions of rescue…”

-David Crowder from Praise Habit

I really do update my tumblr much more often, so please check there.

1 comment:

LP said...

I'm obsessed with carbs too. It's my biggest downfall. UGH.

Miss you <3