Saturday, November 17, 2007

tribute to bryce avery












I vowed when I created this blog that it would become a place where I would talk about the happenings in my life... mostly about stuff I have learned, stuff God is showing me, etc...

But...

I went to The Rocket Summer show a few days ago and want to share it with you...
Basically, it was one of the best sets Ive ever seen. It was really tight technically, there were great transitions between songs, and Bryce did an amazing job switching instruments (he played piano, guitar, bass, and drums throughout the show). I am so happy that I got to see his talent with my own eyes and hear it with my own ears. He was quite the showman as well with his bleach blond hair flying. I love it when artists look like they are having fun on stage...

To top it off, he was so courteous taking pictures with people and signing things (not my things though). I just shared with him how important his music is to me. It is so great to see someone as solid in his faith play to a crowd who probably didn't know, but who just heard the love and message of God without really realizing it. God is good.

The picture of him on drums is not the best but I wanted you to see for yourself.

Happy sailing!