Saturday, January 19, 2008

Current (not the berry)

Currently...

Watching: Hot Rod on TV.
Listening to nonstop: Mason Proper, especially the songs 'Raise the Line' and 'Friendship.' They came to OU last weekend and played twice in the same weekend. I've been keeping in touch with the drummer.
Doing: sitting in my room relaxing, which is rare
Thinking: that it was really fun last night with my friend from OSU and that I need to keep track of my phone better and not leave it in cushions at coffee shops.
Eating: a muffin from donkey coffee.
Needing: to buy waters and food, paint my nails, practice piano, read.
Embarrassed about: a couple of things that happened yesterday... :)
Not embarrassed about: my crazy awesome dancing skills (kidding). I think I've forgotten how to dance normally.
Missing: my family, my friend in Minnesota.
Classes Im taking:

Intro to Religion- we are reading a book right now about the snake handlers of Appalachia, its fascinating.
History of Rock n' Roll- really hilarious professor, huge class, but a lot of fun.
Modern Dance- very basic... but I need to work on some basic stuff.
Color, Light, and Sound-basically the same physics class I had junior year of high school... with a lab.
Intro to Audio Recording- learning how to use recording software and equipment. I know most of it already from my job;
it's fun, we had to record a sound effect and ambient sound this week... we did a zipper and
basketball court.
Independent Study- getting credit hours for working on the tech crew for campus crusade, its great.
# Hours: 20

Learning: about grace, about patience, about judgement, my future... lots of things...

" To love at all is to be vulnerable. Love anything, and your heart will certainly be wrung and possibly broken. If you want to make sure of keeping it intact, you must give your heart to no one, not even to an animal. Wrap it careful round with hobbies and little luxuries; avoid all entanglements; lock it up safe in the casket or coffin of your selfishness. But in that casket- safe, dark, motionless, airless- it will change. It will not be broken; it will become unbreakable, impenetrable, irredeemable...The only place outside Heaven where you can be perfectly safe from all the dangers of love…is Hell.
--C.S. Lewis

~Last Weekend~
I went to my friends show at a bar and Mason Proper was there and I got to talk to some of them and hang out a little. I fell in love with their style, their stage presence, everything...
Then the next night, Mason Proper was playing with my friends band (which I got there to late to see) and it was in his living room, and the floor was bending and con-caving so much. I felt like I was going to fall through it any minute. It turned into a giant dancing extravaganza which caused the floor to move even more. The speakers that were set up around the room were falling over, and someone had to hold the TV on the table so it wouldn't slide off. it was crazy. Then after that I went to my friends band's cd release show (Dead Will Rise, a grind-core athens band). It was fun, but people started setting off bottle rockets inside the place. Pretty intense... It was a really fun weekend.

No comments: