Wednesday, October 24, 2007

So... It's Been a While...

Right, sorry it's been a while since I've posted (if anyone noticed), but I was away this weekend at Fall Retreat for Campus Crusade (which I'm descipeling with this year), and it was really great. The weather was perfect, and the area was absolutly gorgeous. The camp was surrounded by mountains and its the time of year when the leaves start changing and the mountain-sides are speckled with all sorts of warm colors... I could feel God in those mountains.

Well, I have been working on some things in the days since retreat... and Im going to share some of the things I've learned.

My busy schedule is preventing me from hearing God speak in my life. When there is not time to read His words or hear His voice, how am I to know how to live?

I am going to invest more in my relationships with my sisters in Christ.

I am trying not harbor jealousy, and I am trying not to compare myself with others, people are different.

I not going to tear down those that I care about by putting them down or being blatantly sarcastic.

I am going to be respectful of those younger or with different levels of experience than myself.

I am not gong to act differently around different people.

I am not going to act differently around my brothers in Christ. I am not going to use them and I am going to love them because they are my brothers.

I am going to build others up.

So, yeah, it was a really good weekend, I became a lot close with the people in Campus Crusade and learned a lot about myself.

Oh, if you have never stood up in a car while the sunroof is open with the car is going 60mph and there are painted mountains around you, you should put that on your list of things to do.

1 comment:

no simple highway said...

makella - i just noticed you had this - i'm glad fall retreat was so good for you too!
jane