Saturday, June 27, 2009

Post 200- Day 5/6

Day.5/6.

I was way too tired last night to update for day 5. so forgive the untimeliness of this post.

I had a wonderful morning and afternoon yesterday since my duties with the studio didn’t start till 6 pm. I found out that I live a block away from Lake Como (see picture above), which has paved bike paths around it and this pavilion with a little cafe and a place to rent boats. For lack of a less-girly phrase, it’s adorable. It’s a beautiful area surrounding it too.

The evening consisted of a hour and a half drive to Rochester, unloading equipment, learning the basics of the board, which is the same one I use for my job as a sound engineer at school, and then just listening to the band play (and watching the drunk middle-aged people dance). It’s was incredibly entertaining and I picked up a few amazing dance moves to add to my repertoire. Yes. We didn’t have to tear down though, which was nice, because the drummer locked his keys in the car and we didn’t get back to the T.cities (my new abbreviation for the twin-cities) till 3:50, putting me in my bed promptly at 4:15. All in a days work though. I love live-sound so I’m happy to be there.

Today, I have the whole day off, and the house mates and I were gonna go to a lake to swim, but it ended up being overcast, which I’m not complaining about. Thekla is making us all a native Greek dinner, and we’re all just gonna hang out together tonight.

I have the day off tomorrow as well and Natalie and Bob are going to take me to John Piper’s church and then My Favorite Highway is playing at the Triple Rock Social Club. We might hang out after that too if they’re not to tired from touring (and being signed to Virgin!!!).

Anyways, have a wonderful day friends. Miss you all.

No comments: