Sunday, September 23, 2007

The Way It Is

So a few days ago I told this person who's blog I've been reading how much I enjoy reading it via myspace message. I had to ask him not to be creeped out because I was not intending on being creepy at all. He said he wasn't, so that's good.

Something that I've been paranoid about since my family got the internet is the fact that people abuse it and use it for evil, stalking purposes. Why is it that girls can't just enjoy myspace without having to deny friend requests of shirtless thirty-year-olds telling them they have a nice bod?! (I actually had a friend request once by someone who said "nice body, do you look better with clothes on or off?" yuck.) Why do I feel the need to keep making sure that nothing too revealing is on my myspace, facebook, or blog becuase people can't keep there mouse clicks and wandering eyes to themselves? Why should girls be scared (for their lives in some cases) because someone found out what high school they went to?

Am I just feeding it by having a myspace in the first place? Should I know better? Should I rebel and delete all my accounts on everything?

It's natural and I've seen it numerous times, where people using something innocent suffer becuase people misuse, abuse, and take advantage of something that was not intended for the evil thing it has been turned into.

There was a point when I became really paranoid because of some Dateline special or something about internet stalkers and I deleted everything from my myspace that alluded to who I was even remotely. Some of my friends from high school thought it would be funny put comments containing my full name. Needless to say, I basically freaked out. I thought there was someone just waiting to get some tidbit of information about me so they could find me, and that those few hours those comments were up, the stalker person saw them and were already plotting to sneak into my school or home to kidnap me... yes, it was a little overboard, but was it really?

I'm not as paranoid as I once was, but I stil get creeped out by random people friend requesting me, but who wouldn't? My paranoia is worth my safety right?
So, all you stalkers out there just please stop... please find yourself a hobby (that doesn't include the internet).

Deuteronomy 15:10
"Give generously to him and do so without a grudging heart; then because of this the LORD your God will bless you in all your work and in everything you put your hand to."

1 comment:

sam said...

You know Makella I've been meaning to talk to you about this, but maybe you should just stop posting naked pictures of yourself on MySpace...I mean seriously, geez girl. Haha jk but yeah watch out for creepers.