Wednesday, December 24, 2008

"Good God..."


Good God, if your song leaves our lips,
If your work leaves our hands,
Then we will be wanderers and vagabonds,
They will stare and say how empty we are;
How the freedon we had turned us up as dead men.

Let us be cold, make us weak.
Let us, becuase we all have ears.
Lee us beacuse we all have eyes.
Good God.

How they knew that this would happen, they knew that this would...
We're so run down. We're so run down.
Good God, can you still get us home?

How can we still get home?
I'm not dreaming.
We're forgetting our forgiveness.

~

You said there was nothing left down here,
Well I roamed around the wasteland
And I swear I found something.
I found hope.
I found God.
I found the dreams of the believers... the dreams of the believers.
Oh God, save us all.



They are both Underoath. The first from the track "Too Bright To See To Loud To Hear" and the second is from "Desolate Earth :: The End Is Here"

As I was running today, these words hit the deep of my chest like the thump of a bass.
There is nothing more that I want then always have His song on my lips and His work for my hands. I pray that me seeking after my own freedom does not turn me up as dead; that I only seek freedom through Him because that is where the hope is.
I pray that I never forget my forgiveness.

It's Christmas tomorrow.
Jesus was born so that we don't turn up as dead men.
It's so clear and here for us.
We don't want to live in the wasteland forever.
And we don't have to.

No comments: