Friday, December 12, 2008

Random(thoughts)


I like coming to work and seeing notes like this, thanks uncle Dave!

There are a few different mixes that Yankee plays in the store, consisting (mostly) of Christmas carols and we become pretty familiar with them by the end of the season. There are a few songs though who's Christmas carol's status is questionable. The three songs are
1. My Favorite Things (from The Sound of Music)
2. Auld Lang Syne
3. Celebrate (the one that's always played at weddings)

Auld Lang Syne is a little more acceptable then the other two. I laugh whenever Celebrate comes on over the speakers.

At work, we always light a candle on the cash-wrap (cash-register), and as soon as the one on the counter was lit, I immediately stuck my fingers in the wax to play with it. It was the same this summer, whenever the candles at the bar at work were lit my brother and I would automatically start melting the little bar-skewer things or sticking our fingers in the wax, etc. Why are people drawn to fire? Is it because there is an air of danger; a small risk of being hurt? Does it root back to our prehistoric instincts of relying on fire for safety and food? Curious.

Also, I am realizing something that I forgot over the summer, and that is that people spend a lot of money on candles.

I watched an interesting movie the other night, The Happening directed by M. Night Shyamalan. Without giving too much away, the premiss is that there is a chemical released into the air that make people commit suicide. It was a little disturbing, some of the visuals that were shown, I dont know. It was a little disturbing. I've seen my share of crazy/messed-up movies, but something about that struck a weird chord with me.
Also, if you want to have an incredibly depressing night, then watch the movie The Mist written by Stephen King. I'm not trying to give anything away, Im just trying helping you all out. I'm sorry if that ruins anyone's weekend plans.

Also, congrats to the few more couples in my group of friends who are engaged, so much love!

Well my friends, I hope that the holidays are treating you all well.

Coming soon: My reviews on my favorite albums of the year. Woot.

3 comments:

TyKomjati said...

those movies were both entertaining. the mist's ending sucked and the happening was just weird. neither one was particularly uplifting. you watched both those movies over break? cool, me too.

TyKomjati said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Makella said...

You watched them at my house silly!