Monday, December 8, 2008

Sevenoseven


For some background information:
www.sevenoseven.com

Sevenoseven is a ministry through the Cuyahoga Valley Church. Its in the evening and its a contemporary atmosphere where the energy of the place is so uplifting and the sense of community strikes upon entry that you want to keep coming back. The talent of the crew, praise-band, and speaker is completely from God. It is easy to see that they are doing what they love to bring glory to Him and they do their best help the people who come learn and become closer to God.

It is an amazing service and I had gone a few times off and on in college, but the thought hit me last year that an internship with them would be such an awesome experience. I talked to the teaching pastor, Andy, and the creative arts pastor, Bryan, and they basically said that whatever I need, they will help me out with requirements and everything. The person who is teaching/adivisng me, Jeff, told me that anything I want to learn they will teach me, so basically, it's amazing. It has been such a blessing these first few weeks; I owe them thanks!

Actually Andy told me this Sunday that he has stopped by this here blog, so if he's reading, shout out to Andy! Please don't be a stranger!
There is a link to his blog on the side; check it out.

So God once again shows me how He provides and being there adds to my excitement for a few different reasons.
Thinking about it, I'm going to be working with sound as a career. I get to do that for a job in the future, and that is reason one for my excitement. The other is this renewed excitement for my generation of Christians. It comes off and on, but I am once again excited for what God is going to do with us and how we are going to show the world what loving God and being loved by God is all about. I'm psyched. He has something up his sleeve and I am so excited to see what it is going to be, and what the music industry's role in it all is going to be.

Hope everyone is having a good winter so far.
Please be careful on the roads.
Come back soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I stopped by! Thanks for the shout out! we're glad you're a part of the team, and if you end up in the Cleveland area after school we'd love to have you around!