Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Cheese-Sandwiches and Dashed Hopes...

Ha. Dashed-hopes, so dismal...

It's not as dismal as it sounds... It's just amazing to me how I can go from being so intensely excited to really upset all while walking to the library today! It doesn't really sound like that big of a deal, but I have been searching for a program to study abroad with, mostly in Sweden because England, from what I had heard, is really expensive. Basically, no-one in all of the internet world wants to go to Sweden, because I could only find one program in everyone one of the websites that was provided for me....
Today, I went to the study abroad fair that they were holding, just to get information and I found a program that would be perfect for me, for studying in England! It was only going to be a quarter, which means that I wouldn't be a quarter behind from doing a semester program...so while I was on the phone with my parents telling them about it, looking at the numbers (the air-fare is not bad at all), but I look at the 'program fee' which is 4,000 more then I am willing to spend... so yeah, I was a bit upset... but I should just keep truckin'... so if anyone has any suggestions, please let me know!

Brother Micah was on campus last week and some of this week, which is always a nice little shake-up of things around here at school. I used to get pretty upset because he condemns, and yells, and judges, and makes claims about Jesus and the love of God that are not at all the real message that he should be shouting. it is a little sad, but it's kind of entertaining at the same time because there are a group of regular people who would sit there and challenge him, shout at him, squirt-gun him, etc. Now, I come to see the time that he is on this campus as a blessing. If there is a week when it is incredibly easy to talk about Jesus openly, it is the week that he is here. My friends and I planned a presentation/discussion about presenting the real message of Jesus, and it has been so wonderful praising Him that his message is so beautiful that we want to share it with people.
Rob Bell says...
"But the thing we are searching for is not somewhere else. It is right here. And we can only find it when we give up the search, when we surrender, when we trust. Trust that God is already putting us back together."

It's so good.

Sorry if I sounded like a Debbie-Downer earlier in this one, life is good right now, I just get frustrated, you know how it goes!

Peace.

No comments: