Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Children.


This is my little cousin Elise; she is a spit-fire.

No worries, Im not having children any time soon. Ha.

On my way back to Athens after a nice weekend at home for my brother's graduation party (I can not believe he is graduating...) I was listening to a Rob Bell sermon from last summer... and as usual, I thought it was really helpful with some of the things that I have been going through recently in regards to my walk with the Lord.
I really did not mean for that last entry to sound depressing, I was mostly thinking out-loud by just typing (??).

The main passage of the sermon was Luke 18: 15-17
"People were also bringing babies to Jesus to have him touch them. When the disciples saw this, they rebuked them. But Jesus called the children to him and said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. I tell you the truth, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it." "


Receiving the Kingdom of God like a little child... that sounded a little confusing the first time I ever heard it referred to like that. How are we supposed to do that? Jesus isn't talking about blind faith, but instead, He was being incredibly wise by using that moment to teach the best ways for his followers to receive the Kingdom of God! How cool is that? (I get excited....)

There is a part in Psalms 95:7 that says "Today, if you hear his voice..."
I know that the children that I have been around do not worry about the past, the future, the next day, or the next hour even. They are usually completely in and focused on the task at hand; full attention and focus. There is an amazing section of Matthew that is quite to the point.
Matthew 6:25
"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear..."

Matthew 6:27
"Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?"

Matthew 6:34
"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."

Personally, I know that when I worry (which happens a bit unfortunately), I am not really focused on what God could be saying to me, I become unfocused and confused, which leads to distress.

These are only a few of the points that were made in it, but they are huge things for me to be working on... I will put more in later!

Lord, thank you so much for the amazing wisdom that you give to humanity through your words. Thank you for providing me with a life that does not need much worry, and Lord, please help me cast off my worry and to stay focused on you. you will take care of all of this becuase you are so good.
Amen

No comments: