Wednesday, October 15, 2008

89th


"Music is well said to be the speech of angels; in fact, nothing among the utterances allowed to man is felt to be so divine. It brings us near to the infinite."
-Thomas Carlyle


So according to blogspot, I have posted 88 times. Weird.




I have written numerous times about God being involved in creativity, how He is intertwined with the work of our hands, and when we create something, we are following in His image, since He is the Ultimate Creator. The sky, the earth, our bodies, everything points to a creative God who put love into what He made.

I forget about that sometimes, and I really haven't been doing much creativity-wise here this quarter and... I miss it.

There are these moments involving creativity, a specific piece of music, a split-second of a song, a photograph...when something just reaches into the deepest and darkest parts of my soul. Something that causes me to feel it with more then just my ears or eyes, but to really feel it; experience it as a whole, with my whole being and brain connected with it.
Those are the moments that I strive for.
That is the Joy that I believe God put me on this earth to help bring into the world.
That is the spirit that drives everyone who is creative, whether they believe in the Lord or not, that drives them and they are doing God's work, sometimes unknowingly.
That is truly the purpose for which God made them.
In Velvet Elvis, Rob Bell describes is as being what brings heaven down here to earth.
So that feeling that I get... that is a little minute sliver of what heaven is going to be, and it's going to be glorious.
Unimaginably glorious.


What a gift we have; the ability to create.
Lord please help me to use that to glorify you,
because it is the purpose of our hearts and hands.

1 comment:

Makella said...

Just so y'all know, that is the lake that my cabin is on.