Thursday, January 22, 2009

Am I...?

Alright, I would like everyone to be frank with me.

Am I snobby when it comes to music? I feel as though I sound like I am quick to judge when it comes to other people's music tastes. I don't want to judge them and I don't want to seem like I am...

People's music tastes really aren't that big of a deal looking at the big picture and looking and how I relate to people, but unfortunately I think my brian has made it into a bigger deal then it should be made.

I am reading a book in my english class that seems to have been written by someone who is older and who does not have a good grasp of the scope of what today's music looks like and while reading it, I find myself either rolling my eyes, or becoming kind of judgmental.

Music is important to me, yes, but why am I so quick to write people off by what they say about music? When did I become like this??

I am sorry if anyone has ever felt judged by me in person or by the things that I have said in my blog. That is completely not my intention. I love you all and it really isn't that big of a deal what you chose to listen to. If it brings you joy, then I am extremely happy to share in that with you.

6 comments:

sam said...

hahaha you've never been snobby with my tastes... though that also could be that i'm a bigger snob :)

i wonder this a lot about myself, too. then i just say, screw it, everyone is snobby about one thing or another.

Makella said...

I don't think I have ever judged you on your music taste because we do have similar tastes and because I value and respect your opinions about music in general. You are informed and make judgements based on more than what your friends tell you to listen to.
To be honest, sometimes it irks me when people who really dont know much about music and are mostly listening to certain bands because thats the 'in' thing to do and try to talk about music and their tastes. I know its their opinions, but I dont know.. is that mean of me?

sam said...

not mean of you all. it's like when my friends 4 years ago voted for george bush just because he was a christian... sometimes people are too stubborn to think for themselves, and instead thing for how others tell them.

the good thing about that - and about being a music snob - is that if you're one of those people whom they listen to, then you can influence for the better!

Makella said...

Ha... I like introducing 'new' and 'different' music to people. I hope that people can take my advice seriously! haha

TyKomjati said...

you've self-professed yourself as a music-snob to me before, so... :-P

Makella said...

That's what Im talking about. When did I become like that?