Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Winter.time.

This is Makella's winter (so far).
































We are in the middle of a Category 3 storm. Did you know that it is illegal to drive in a Category 3 storm?
I didnt.
Good thing I am out of gas.

We ran outside in our yard without shoes last night, and played football in our bathing suits today because it is the first snow day OU has had since I've been in college.

It was snowing, then it was pouring down rain, then snow again. There is a frozen lake in our yard that isn't supposed to be there.

I needed a day off of school, and not having to get up for my 8 am class was a plus.
It is easy to get down during this type of weather.
It is easy to get inside myself and think about stuff that I don't want to think about.
Everything is covered in a layer of ice;
But the sun came out for five minutes and the ice caught it and everything lit up like yellow fire. Like everything was layered with silver and gold. Even the bits of grass showing caught the sun. Maybe there is a deeper lesson in there.
There is beauty under the ice.
There is Light and Glory in spite of the cold, in this case, because of it.

3 comments:

paul said...

"We ran outside in our yard without shoes last night, and played football in our bathing suits today because it is the first snow day OU has had since I've been in college."

Um.. yea. that makes sense.

Hummm. :)

Makella said...

Hahaha.. I know.
We needed to change it up a little. haha.

paul said...

that is one way to do it. :P