Saturday, January 17, 2009

Gettin' There.

May you have warm words on a cold evening, a full moon on a dark night and a smooth road all the way to your door.


For the last few days it's been incredibly cold. Below zero at some points in the week. Eight AM is not the warmest part of the day, and waking up for my class at that time has been a bit of a challenge. Simply the fact that it's still dark when I get into my car to drive to class. I legitimately think my nose-ring-hole is frost-bitten since metal and cold are not a good mix. Kind of gross, sorry.

I have also been in a really reflective mood, having an exorbitant about of weird deja vu events, and a lot of thinking. I don't know, it's weird but alright.

I was having a very interesting evening on wednesday, a little frustrated with some accounting and time issues and I was needed to go practice for the music for church, kind of complained a bit in the car ride over there to my friend, and was just in a funk. We get to the place our friend was to practice, and as we started playing some songs, like an exhale it all washed away, gone gone the notes escaping through my throat and the guitars and out not to be felt for the rest of the night or the next day. Blessed be the name, when the sun's shining down on me, when the world's all that it should be, blessed be the name. Blessed be the name, on the road marked with suffering, though there's pain in the offering, blessed be the name. The two others we sang are also some of my favorites. The rest of the interns and people at the shelter that we were practicing at came in and started singing till there was about seven of us all just praising Him to praise Him. It was extremely cathartic on my soul and the next morning was beautifully lit by the sun, painting the clouds and glittering the snow as it fell around the river and trees.

Like the song says, every blessing he pours out, we need to turn back and praise him. Even when the darkness closes in on us, we still need to say blessed be the name of the Lord. That irish blessing at the top put it right; those were my warm words on that cold evening. They will be the warm words in the cold morning tomorrow.

It's been an incredibly eye-opening week thus far.
Columbus on monday.
It's getting a bit warmer.

No comments: