Friday, January 2, 2009

Back

Im back in Athens as of this afternoon. I'm experiencing that weird feeling that people can get coming back to a familiar place that they haven't seen in a while. I feel like I was just here; like I left to take a bike-ride and came back and all my food is gone and appliances unplugged... or something like that.

After having an interesting new years evening, a friend suggested (perfect timing by the way girl), that the resolution should be to give everything up to God. And yes, that does sound easier said then done but it is something for which to strive, and goodness knows that if I focus only on what happened yesterday (or last quarter), I'm not going to get very far. It's kind of like I'm looking at the sky while Im walking and it's so beautiful that I don't want to stop looking at it, but I am also paying attention to where I'm putting my feet so I don't step into any potholes.

List of potholes to avoid:
-Being overly anxious about grades and school.
-Being overly anxious about minute little events that seen big at the time but really are not that big.
-Anticipating with negativity.
-Selfish insecurities.
-Letting my schedule take over my life and attention.
-Failing to see God's hand in every moment, His touch on every person, His beauty in every blade of grass.
-Forgetting my forgiveness and the grace that is offered constantly.
-Forgetting that I am not bearing all this burden alone.

This isn't my most eloquent writing, but oh well.
I feel like I should say something poignant now. Lets see...

Nope, sorry. Nothing comes to mind. Maybe tomorrow I will be full of big(er) words and something epic.
Maybe.

For now, it's just me sitting on my futon eating raspberries and thinking about when I should finish unpacking. My mom is also here for the evening, which is nice. Brings a bit of home to Athens. I was gone for a bit this evening and she baked bread;my apartment consequently smells amazing.
Mom's are so good at being comfortable.

Ill leave you all with something I just saw in my journal from 707 last week...

The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears them; he delivers them from all their troubles.
The Lord is close to the broken hearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.

Psalm 34: 17,18


Good stuff.

No comments: