Friday, August 24, 2007

Stars and Docks


I wrote this one night while I was thinking about my summer up in Wisconsin. I hope you like it!

You've never seen stars like the stars over Eagle Lake.
Streached out on the dock, hearing the cool water underneath, taking it in, breathing it in. Breathing the vast sky in so deep it seems to fill my very core.
The pine trees seem to be reaching to the beauty of this sky. Even the trees seem to understand the beauty of this.
There's nothing like laying on the dock, looking at this dome of a sky. It seems to be made just for me.
Although a sky like this can make one feel small, I like feeling small while looking up at the night sky. There's a comfort that comes knowing that if God cares to make giagntic stars beautiful and fuctional, then it is certain that he will care for such a small person as me.
I used to want to study astronomy. I wanted to be a part of the cosmos that surround us. But for now, admiring the breathtaking beauty from here on the dock is right where I should be at this very second. Even down to my smallest cells are filled with peace, laying in this crisp night, releasing myself to someone so big, giving up my worries for this night so that all I have to think about is breathing in the night and admiring this beauty.

No comments: