Sunday, August 12, 2007

landmines in the cheese state and sweat

Up at my cabin I've been starting to get back to running... after having mono for a good seven weeks and not being able to work out (taking a shower constituted as "working out" where I would have to go lay down immediatly after) I've noticed some areas getting a little... 'less trim.'
As I'm running one particular morning, I notice as an extremely large amount of chubby green caterpillars trying to cross the road. I write "trying" becuase from the look of the road and the amount of splotch marks, quite a large number are having a hard time getting across. So I went on my morning run and the intesity is hightened as I leap and bound over the inch and a half long green caterpillars. I shudder to think about what would have happened if I were to step on one of there landmines of green guts. Some questions are raised: Do Caterpillars have organs? Would their spleen rupture? Are they just green bags of blob and puss? How do they digest?
After the run I was talking with my mom (who is also a daily runner) and to my horror says something like "yeah the brown ones are tricky, they look like the road" WHAT?! Brown ones? I don't remember any brown ones.

Anyways...
Its hot out:

I've been sweating becuse it's hot out. I had a dream about sweating last night.

If my facial features were not securly fastioned to my head, they would have slipped off hours ago.

If I stood under a hose while standing in the pool, I would be the same degree of "wetness."

If a bunch of people were perpetually dumping water on me while standing in my own personal rainstorm, it would be the same.

Northern Wisconsin is not supposed to be this hot. People shouldn't have to work in the un-airconditioned kitchen of a seafood restaurant when it's this hot.

No comments: