Saturday, August 25, 2007

LOTR


Ahhh, the brilliance that is the Lord of the Rings Trilogy...
The excitement, the terror, the greatest adventure paired with amazing direction, stunning scenery, an amazing score, not to mention the easy-on-the-eyes characters... it's thrilling.

I know that people who enjoy the books and movies are possibly considered "nerds" but if loving these brilliant films makes me a "nerd," so be it. Nerd I shall be.

There was nothing like watching each one in theatres, so exciting.

I started reading the prequel to The Trilogy and unfortunetly became sidetracked, but hopefully this year I will be able to read them all...

The Biblical theme that thread together through out the story are encouraging (I suggest the book, "Finding God in the Lord of the Rings"). The theme of God choosing the underdog, the weak, those unexpected, and gives them amazing opportunities to serve Him, almost always succeeding, gives me a reason to think that, even though I don't feel worthy, God can (and is) use(ing) me to spread His word. That is good news.

C.S. Lewis writes with the same underlying themes. I suggest the Space Trilogy by him; "The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe" are classics and I truly suggest the entire series. I actually suggest you read all of the things he writes, he is still incredibly relevant and I have learned alot from his words.

Well, I'm going to stop writing this to watch Gandalf save the day.

No comments: